Advertise here

5 areas to enjoy speedy broadband

Reviews, discussions, technical assistance, troubleshooting, networking, hardware & software recommendations, client-server architecture, web authoring, etc.
Forum rules
Buy, sell, or offer your services at Classifieds > Computer / Gadget

5 areas to enjoy speedy broadband

Postby whatman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:31 pm

2 in Miri? 1 Lutong, the other..?

MIRI: Sarawakians in major towns and cities are set to enjoy speedier broadband when Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM) introduces its UniFi service in five areas, including two in Miri.

The first would be Homelite Development project behind Kem Sri Miri at Airport Road, the first in East Malaysia to benefit from a service agreement signed between the developer and TM here yesterday.

TM’s state general manager Abdul Rahim Mohd Ali said the four other locations were Tabuan Jaya (Kuching), Sibu, Bintulu and Lutong, and that negotiations with other developers were on-going.

The agreement between Homelite Development Sdn Bhd, a Sarawak-based property development company and TM for UniFi, its high speed broadband service provider at Homelite’s housing projects, marked the entry of such services which would revolutionise lifestyle in the state.

Officiated at by Datuk Amar Awang Tengah Ali Hassan, Second Minister of Planning and Resource Management and Minister of Public Utilities, the agreement was signed by Abdul Rahim and Homelite’s managing director Wong Su Chung, and witnessed by Roslawati Mohd Tahir, assistant general manager SME, TM and Homelite director Lim Siew Young.

In his speech, the minister said the service would transform trends in local housing development, provide added benefits of a digital lifestyle through high speed broadband connectivity.

Under the two-year service agreement, TM will be the high speed broadband network and service provider for Homelite Development’s housing projects in Lambir which would be completed in the next three years.

Residents of the upcoming 322 units of multi-type houses including town houses, apartments, terraced houses and penthouses in the
four-phase projects will be able to enjoy immediate connectivity of triple play services of phone, high speed internet and video, with speeds of between 5Mbps and 20Mbps each through fibre optics.

UniFi was launched in March last year with initial roll-outs in Shah Alam, Subang Jaya, Taman Tun Dr Ismail and Bangsar, and now in Johor,

http://www.theborneopost.com/2011/07/29 ... broadband/
Currently playing : Bioshock Infinite & Sleeping Dogs

- Intel Core i5-4570 @ 3.20 GHz
- Gskill 8GB DDR3 1600
- Zotac Geforce GTX 580
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
whatman

Re: 5 areas to enjoy speedy broadband

Postby Eugene91 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Who knows Taman Jelita in Taman Tunku? Saw new poles up ..
Knowing what's right and wrong doesn't make a difference, what makes a difference is doing the right thing.
Eugene91

Postby lcsiong » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 pm

i wander senadin got it or not...

in case Unifi is available, do pm me, i can help you to apply FOC
Upgraged Rig: |ASUS M4A88T-M -USB3 | Cooler Master Elite 310 ATX Casing | Gigabyte Superb 720 | AMD Phenom II x4 955 | Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 Vengence | Corsair Hydro H50 | Palit GeForce GT 240 512 MB 128 Bit GDDR5 | LG 24x DVD Burner | 19" Samsung LCD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | WD 320GB | WD 500GB 7200rpm | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Razer Death Adder Black Edition | Razer Lycosa | Razer Mantis Speed | Razer Moray | Altec Lansing 621 |
lcsiong

Postby rabbitx » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:54 pm

can't read ah

The first would be Homelite Development project behind Kem Sri Miri at Airport Road, the first in East Malaysia to benefit from a service agreement signed between the developer and TM here yesterday.

TM’s state general manager Abdul Rahim Mohd Ali said the four other locations were Tabuan Jaya (Kuching), Sibu, Bintulu and Lutong, and that negotiations with other developers were on-going.
" Moving fast is not the same as going somewhere. "
rabbitx

Postby rabbitx » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:56 pm

gawd damn .. are you all kindergarten graduate?
rabbitx

Postby lcsiong » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:18 pm

sorry rabbitx, i know to read, it say lutong, senadin is near lutong, i just hope it will reach senadin soon...
Upgraged Rig: |ASUS M4A88T-M -USB3 | Cooler Master Elite 310 ATX Casing | Gigabyte Superb 720 | AMD Phenom II x4 955 | Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 Vengence | Corsair Hydro H50 | Palit GeForce GT 240 512 MB 128 Bit GDDR5 | LG 24x DVD Burner | 19" Samsung LCD | WD Caviar Black 1TB | WD 320GB | WD 500GB 7200rpm | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 | Razer Death Adder Black Edition | Razer Lycosa | Razer Mantis Speed | Razer Moray | Altec Lansing 621 |
lcsiong

Postby rabbitx » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:24 pm

UniFi is pre-lay cable .. unless your in a new housing development that has it, your not getting it.
rabbitx

Postby whatman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:29 pm

I wonder why they picked Lutong and not Miri town center. Could be good for office use.

- Gskill 8GB DDR3 1600
- Zotac Geforce GTX 580
whatman

Postby stay1 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:51 pm

whatman wrote:I wonder why they picked Lutong and not Miri town center. Could be good for office use.

In a new developing areas, TM can gently 'persuade' the housing developers to pay the cost of telecommunication infrastructure. Whereas in a developed areas, TM will have to fork out the entire cost. That's what happen to the area I stayed in. TM wants the developer to pay for the telecommunication infrastructure cost but developer refused. Case dragged on for almost 2 years until it was brought to the attention of a YB. TM finally had to lay the whole lot at it's own cost.
Last edited by stay1 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Man - a being in search of meaning. --Plato

It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.
stay1

Postby whatman » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:12 pm

Kind of silly for TM to rely on new housing project to get Unifi up. Its a long term investment for them and they have to be so kedekut about laying the cable.

- Gskill 8GB DDR3 1600
- Zotac Geforce GTX 580
whatman

Postby headhunter » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:07 am

rabbitx wrote:gawd damn .. are you all kindergarten graduate?

relax mr. mod sir. people are exited they don't read the whole

stuff. thank you for pointing it out to others. but i've gotta take

that thank you back. ain't worth it if you belittle people.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
headhunter

Postby Miri-Sarawak » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:29 am

New house estate get UniFi.. Old house estate just get common broadband. Well, what to do, just stick with the old line. huhuuu~~
Miri-Sarawak

Postby rabbitx » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:47 am

headhunter wrote:

You must came from the same class as well. Can't spell right?
rabbitx

Postby gameaddict » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:12 am

may i know what is wrong with this mod known as rabbitx ha??

Had a fight with GF/wife/family?? if so dun release ur temper at here. ur word is insulting others, so much from so called mod.
Lame~

@Headhunter, ignore him. He who belittle ppl is a little ppl himself. Piece of trash.

Homelite, wow...they are really expanding.... so hope Taman Jelita can have it as well, my house house is at there, although still under construction..
RV housing is really slow in their work...
Dun flame me.......or i burn u....
just kidding...
======================================
To be free and do what ur feelings tells u to.
======================================
Quoted from a Gamer friend of mine.
"Your reply, is like a Pie. It amuses me."

I just love this phrase.
gameaddict

Postby headhunter » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:17 am

rabbitx wrote:
headhunter wrote:

You must came from the same class as well. Can't spell right?

mister mod sir, it is not the spelling bee we are looking at here. it is how you belittle fellow forumers

that warranted me to reply your post. so please, be kind to others and people might learn something

from you, like reading the whole article et al. and you might gain some respect from fellow forumers as

well, since you are the mister mod of this site. anyways, lets make amend and let us be friend.
If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
headhunter

Next

Return to Computers, ICT & Gadgets