Advertise here

SM Sains Miri

Discussions on knowledge development, education facilities, teaching materials, effective training methods, developing skills, motivational insights.
Forum rules
Buy, sell, or offer your services at Classifieds > Education

SM Sains Miri

Postby yiQian » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:32 pm

anyone know about this school??? SM SAINS MIRI
He is my BIGGEST fear in my life.
yiQian

Re: SM Sains Miri

Postby stupidhead » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:43 pm

of course

Postby dennos » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:54 pm

u should ask, anyone don know about sm sains
dennos

Postby harlequin » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:18 pm

yeah..been there and done that. ;) best experiences ever ..well,for me. lol
harlequin

Postby allokitty » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:32 pm

My little brother was chosen to study in that school. Its a school only for selected bright student with high score and fully funded by government. Very challenging since everyone is very very very smart people and some even have mental break down. Thankfully my brother graduated and now study in India university for degree in medical and further to become doctor.
----------------------------------------------------------------
• SupermotoXL Designs • http://www.supermotoxl.com
"Design & building technology beyond technology"
allokitty

Postby stupidhead » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:36 am

allokitty wrote:My little brother was chosen to study in that school. Its a school only for selected bright student with high score and fully funded by government.

yup, sm sains is proof that most of the brightest students in malaysia are not chinese.

Postby sobzphenz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:10 am

owh sm sains my elder sister high school hehe!! I can say a cost study in SM Sains quite expensive compare to other school. Plus for PMR result u have to get Science 'A' and Math 'A' in order to continue your study in SM Sains. If you're get B one or both of those subjects just say goodbye and continue your study at other high school hehe!!. ...

A chances for you to get in any universities was really bright compare to other school. It's true though... as long as u're from SM Sains mostly all of the SPM leavers from SM Sains can get enter to a university. Even they've asked to choose whether u want to study in Australia or anywhere else and full scholarship (I do not have any ideas whether the government still give a scholarship for students to continue study at overseas though) cuz last time my sister did get offer to USQ... cool ...

But in order to survive in that school u must know how handle ur stress, time management and etc...
Life is Like Brownies Sometimes it Taste too Sweet & Sometimes it Taste Too Bitter
http://zacriehanz.blogspot.com
sobzphenz

Postby allokitty » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:17 pm

sobzphenz wrote:owh sm sains my elder sister high school hehe!! I can say a cost study in SM Sains quite expensive compare to other school. Plus for PMR result u have to get Science 'A' and Math 'A' in order to continue your study in SM Sains. If you're get B one or both of those subjects just say goodbye and continue your study at other high school hehe!!. ...

A chances for you to get in any universities was really bright compare to other school. It's true though... as long as u're from SM Sains mostly all of the SPM leavers from SM Sains can get enter to a university. Even they've asked to choose whether u want to study in Australia or anywhere else and full scholarship (I do not have any ideas whether the government still give a scholarship for students to continue study at overseas though) cuz last time my sister did get offer to USQ... cool ...

But in order to survive in that school u must know how handle ur stress, time management and etc...

Yup true, my brother also kena stress but thankfully he can handle it very well. :D 8)

But some student however smoked and drunk to release stress ..almost ended anti-social behaviour due to extreme study requirement in SM SAINS. Yup even smartess kid also easily indulge these thing.
As for scholarship yes the government did sponsor till overseas university for SM SAINS students. I never heard my little brother asking money for expenditure. Everything is well funded by government.
• SupermotoXL Designs • http://www.supermotoxl.com
"Design & building technology beyond technology"
allokitty

Postby stupidhead » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:20 am

sobzphenz wrote:...for PMR result u have to get Science 'A' and Math 'A' in order to continue your study in SM Sains. If you're get B one or both of those subjects just say goodbye and continue your study at other high school hehe!!. ...

do they teach religion in sm sains?

Postby sobzphenz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:41 am

yupe they do ... hence they also teach their students Arabian Language and French if I'm not mistaken ... but for sure they do taught a foreign language in SM Sains.
Life is Like Brownies Sometimes it Taste too Sweet & Sometimes it Taste Too Bitter
http://zacriehanz.blogspot.com
sobzphenz

Postby harlequin » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:42 pm

yup..back in my days..the muslim students studies Bhs Arab and Mandarin class for us..then they changed it to other foreign language now..well,i guess it's French then..not too sure about nowadays.same as the other school..we did had pendidikan moral /kelas agama islam too..
harlequin

Postby yiQian » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:45 am

allokitty wrote:My little brother was chosen to study in that school. Its a school only for selected bright student with high score and fully funded by government. Very challenging since everyone is very very very smart people and some even have mental break down. Thankfully my brother graduated and now study in India university for degree in medical and further to become doctor.

i think i know who is ur brother. im from sm sains miri. and im chinese. im thinking of moving out of this schl. should i? i;ve been studying thr since form 1. staying in da hostel isnt an easy job. i learn alot. and now the students' are getting more and more indiscipline and our result is da worst among 53 other SBP (boarding schl). the students' attitude is different now compare to the seniors i knew back when im in form 1 and form 2. im quite confused and sad about this.
yiQian

Postby yiQian » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:47 am

sobzphenz wrote:yupe they do ... hence they also teach their students Arabian Language and French if I'm not mistaken ... but for sure they do taught a foreign language in SM Sains.

we have french, japanese and arabian languages.
yiQian

Postby annunaki » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:10 am

sobzphenz wrote:yupe they do ... hence they also teach their students Arabian Language and French if I'm not mistaken ... but for sure they do taught a foreign language in SM Sains.

Sorry I never heard of SM Science. But from undertanding what's written above, I can say that this is a school standard. Yes, foreign language is a must. Problem is these things are only practiced in private schools, where the school fees are probably more expensive than your car.
annunaki

Postby yiQian » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:55 pm

government has fund for SBP (Sekolah Berasrama Penuh). so, they teach foreign languages. our school fee isn't that expensive. it's affordable. they even send students who are excellent in foreign languages to learn that particular language. for Japanese language, they have home stay program. our head boy is chosen for this program this year...he has a chance to stay in Japan for a week with his foster family. :)
yiQian

Next

Return to Education