Advertise here

tips needed for my newly kitten!!

tips needed for my newly kitten!!

Postby lhs78 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:23 pm

please, i need help to tip me with how to look after a kitten. my children's friend gave them a kitten.i'm clueless of looking after him. I actually dont like cats but because of children i have to like it aswell. Can kitten mandi? what shampoo to use? can i feed him my daughter's milk? use my baby's shampoo?...Goosh! shud i leave it outdoor or indoor? i prefer if its indoor...please advice. thanks all!
lhs78

Re: tips needed for my newly kitten!!

Postby Tingmeiyi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:59 pm

Well.. i never had a kitten before.. but i should say you should buy a poo poo box for the kitty.. otherwise i think its going to poo all i over the place.. i think there is pet food for kitten..? Friskies or something.. since its a kitten, it might be better if not using medicated shampoo.. try going to pet shop.. they got sell a lot of items you might needed =)
Tingmeiyi

Postby lace » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:13 pm

wah mei yi i wan be ur kitten boleh ka?
ahahha
Currently Playing:
:Diablo 3
:Dota 2

My Rig
Alienware m15x
Steel Series Sensei Fnatic Edition
Steel Series Siberia V2 White
Razer Goliathus Control Mat
Steel Series QCK Mass Mousing Surface
Steel Series Qck Mini Diablo Version Mousing Surface
Samsung E2223 LCD
Iphone 4 16gb black
Iphone 4s 16gb white
lace

Postby iamkroll » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:25 pm

how old is the kitty?

i suggest u keep it as an indoor cat. because since its a male, it will sometimes be pretty territorial, and you dont want your cat to start fighting with other male cats and come back with injuries. feed it with proper cat food and not leftovers. and i also suggest u to not give milk because cats are not suppose to drink cow milk. water is good enough, most vet will tell u the same thing. get ur cat a bell necklace so u can find it easily in case it tries to hide from u or stuck somewhere its not suppose to be. showering, yea, i dont know about kittens. but should be alright. nice warm water and make sure u wipe him dry. never use medicated shampoo if ur cat doesnt have any fur/skin problem. lastly, like tingmeiyi said, get a pooperbox. if ur cat still poo elsewhere and not in the pooperbox, take the poo and put it in the pooperbox and take ur cat there to smell it. eventually it will know where to poo :)

well i hope that helps u a little bit with ur new addition to ur family. hope all goes well :)
this modern love.
iamkroll

Postby Loong » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:26 pm

lhs78 wrote:please, i need help to tip me with how to look after a kitten. my children's friend gave them a kitten.i'm clueless of looking after him. I actually dont like cats but because of children i have to like it aswell. Can kitten mandi? what shampoo to use? can i feed him my daughter's milk? use my baby's shampoo?...Goosh! shud i leave it outdoor or indoor? i prefer if its indoor...please advice. thanks all!

I don't advise you to bathe your kitten (unless it has fleas or wounds on its body). Everytime my friend comes to my house, he'll always ask how do I keep my cat so clean. I told him that i never really give him a bath unless he really really smells or has a wound (from catfights). This is because cats can self clean, and my friend's cat who's given a bath every 2 days got used to it, and never really lick itself anymore. And when you give your kitten a bath, you should use shampoos made specifically for cats (don't use head n shoulders or baby johnson or whatever you guys use, it'll do more harm than good).

Milk actually isn't good for cat (or dogs for that matter). NEVER EVER FEED YOUR CATS MILK. I usually leave my cat outdoors at night and it usually sleeps indoors during the day.

Also, keep a litter box outside (or inside, if you leave your cats indoors) so that it won't poop all over your compound. If you feed it with cooked fish/meat, make sure to let the food cool down before giving it to your cat.
Loong

Postby Itemojin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:30 pm

first u need to toilet train the kitten..

wat u need to do is..buy the sand for the kitty to poo type..put in a pooh box for the kitty..then put the kitty inside the toilet for 1 day..
by nature the kitty will pee o pee on sand then scratch..then clean the sh*t off but leave the pee on..just add in some more sand..pee smell can lead the kitty back to the same spot for pooh...

the sand can buy in those pet shop..how much i forgot..

u can feed with milk powder..but careful..cow milk anti body is stronger which will cause diarhea to the kitty..best solution find the vet..if the kitty is only 1 month old..
if older kitty can be feed with rice + cat food ( packet) or like those dog food type..

don really need to bath a cat..just remember to wipe their a** after they pooh..coz some will stick there on the a**..
other than that i think cat is kinda easy to take care..careful ur sofa..might scratch if put indoor..get ur kitty a scratchboard..for them to sharpen or blunt their nails..

i think that is all bah..hope it helps..
TDDT ~ The Dolphin's Dream Dive Team
Itemojin

Postby lhs78 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:35 pm

thanks all! all advice very well written...i'll try follow bit by bit...hope i can do all this..thanks all!
lhs78

Postby iamkroll » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:42 pm

no probs bro :)
this modern love.
iamkroll

Postby k-ray » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:21 pm

well..... when i felt bad i tortured my kitty..... like blocking her nose with finger, shake her head repeatedbly for minutes, cover her up with a huge garment (like spiderman capturing his enemy), or performing some wrestling stunt.

you know you need to get close to your pet from its younger age, so hope these tips help.

btw i have no cats for a few months already.... need to find some....
There are times even God would not offer help. Who will you trust the most?
k-ray

Postby allokitty » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Never give cat a food contain salt else the fur will drop easily, at early age kittens needs attention. Be sure to keep the kitten indoor and stay near your bed because it needs to have sense of security. Remember its a kitten and it still need motherly love and care so you need to put the sleeping basket near the owner, every time when a kitten see you nearby it will feel happy and able to sleep without feeling lonely and traumatic.

If the cats being naughtly just tap you finger gently on the nose up abit so that the kitten knows its wrong doing. Give your cat a space to roam around to fill in their curiosity. Never tap cats tummy because they knew that was most vulnerable part of the body. Every morning encourage your cat to go outdoor, don't be surprise to see cat munching a grass because its actually try to brush and cleans its teeth.

Once a while play with your cat so that it will easy it boringness and avoid its attention scratching your furniture.
Cats when bonded well with its owner it will do its best to protect its owner family in return for good treatment like catching centipede, venomous spider, snake or indesirable insect coming into the house. I'm come from family of cat lover where all rooted from my granparents. Last time it save our family from scorpion roaming outside the house when we were out there.
----------------------------------------------------------------
• SupermotoXL Designs • http://www.supermotoxl.com
"Design & building technology beyond technology"
----------------------------------------------------------------
allokitty

Postby lhs78 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:18 pm

thank you for all tips..i really need to learn from all..

first start, i bath him this evening. He was shacking i din know wat to do..i saw few of u guys advice keep him warm or put him outdoor to air dry. I was worry to see him shacking i took the hair dryer and dry him. After doing it, i wrap him in the towel and kept him warm with me. He was calm later on. If its not from all the advise here..i wont be able to do anything. thanks guys! really helped
lhs78

Postby markko234 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:41 pm

allokitty wrote:Never give cat a food contain salt else the fur will drop easily, at early age kittens needs attention. Be sure to keep the kitten indoor and stay near your bed because it needs to have sense of security. Remember its a kitten and it still need motherly love and care so you need to put the sleeping basket near the owner, every time when a kitten see you nearby it will feel happy and able to sleep without feeling lonely and traumatic.

If the cats being naughtly just tap you finger gently on the nose up abit so that the kitten knows its wrong doing. Give your cat a space to roam around to fill in their curiosity. Never tap cats tummy because they knew that was most vulnerable part of the body. Every morning encourage your cat to go outdoor, don't be surprise to see cat munching a grass because its actually try to brush and cleans its teeth.

Once a while play with your cat so that it will easy it boringness and avoid its attention scratching your furniture.
Cats when bonded well with its owner it will do its best to protect its owner family in return for good treatment like catching centipede, venomous spider, snake or indesirable insect coming into the house. I'm come from family of cat lover where all rooted from my granparents. Last time it save our family from scorpion roaming outside the house when we were out there.

Wow! you're good at taking care of cats too allokity?! :shock: Yea apart from what Mr. Allo said here....Maybe you can wash the kittens when some warm water plus shampoo....Better ask the pros at those Pet shop for what type of Shampoo to use. I used to have a cat at home. My mum always let it in the Kitchen during the night and it doesn't touch any of my food or pee/poo anywhere. Let the cat out in the morning. But better just at the house compound. Beware if outside of your house got those homeless dogs. They'll attack you kitten. That's what happen to my cat. It died from dog fighting. Dont make me to mention the "crime scene" It's horrible and I'm sure you dont want to hear too...Remember, when the cat's tail is straight UP, it means it's HAPPY! Dont feed it with leftover food or at least dont make the leftover food too watery or it had been leftover for too long....Dont GIVE IT TO YOUR CAT!!!! Need to start training your kitten by playing with it. If you dare, take a nap with you cat lol :mrgreen: make it sleep b4 you sleep, maybe it will make you two relationship better XD......
Appreciate what you got.
markko234

Postby Loong » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:22 pm

:D
Loong

Postby elf » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:52 pm

i got a tip for you

Spay or nueter the damn thing
elf

Postby syunichi » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:34 am

Ermm...for me, deworming is utter priority. Maybe then you got the money, get them vaccinated. Shampoo, normal medicated will do, and ones with sulphur to help prevent skin disorder and also aid in relieving itchiness if they got mange (kurap), for some reason it cures too.

Grass eating are done to relieve the bowel part on their system. Not a bad thing to also get supplements like small bottle of 50ml liquid vitamins that comes with lycine (prevents and helps in curing flu) :3 . Omega 3 for caring on the fur, and correct me if I am wrong...Tuna or any tuna flavoured food have high content of Omega 3. Dry food not that bad, just have them drink a lot of water to have their kidneys flush off the crude fibre or was it protien..anyways to prevent urinary problems in male cats. Wet food is not to be given to often, it will give them gum problems. Balance is the key.

If it lives in a cage outdoor, keep it warm with lightings to prevent the poor thing shivering during cold season. Cats with less stress get less sickness, most of the sickness are airborne.

Have fun with you kitten, I have. :3
M.I.A.O :3
syunichi

Return to Cats