Advertise here

Mirians "Seperti katak di bawah tempurung" are we?

The general discussion forum for everyone.

Re: Mirians "Seperti katak di bawah tempurung" are we?

Postby Cookie!! » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:57 pm

But based on putting people I know in different age group + life experience (like war veteran, ex engineer or other fields that comes by) It's more likely that the old people seen so much bullsh*t (Or have used that trick before) that they could spot one from a mile away. Dangerous when wanna talk cock with them. (just example, not how I deal with them in RL a...) Need to think beforehand whether that stuff in your brain is a good idea. :lol: Or else kena shoot down like a red baron VS a WWII AA gun.

Edit : well and to answer your problems of younger people, first thing I learned in crash courses when you join a company is whatever you learned in tertiary studies is mostly obsolete in society. Maybe your young guns have not gotten that message yet? :D
Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Cookie!!

Postby pheona » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 am

Cookie!! wrote:But based on putting people I know in different age group + life experience (like war veteran, ex engineer or other fields that comes by) It's more likely that the old people seen so much bullsh*t (Or have used that trick before) that they could spot one from a mile away. Dangerous when wanna talk cock with them. (just example, not how I deal with them in RL a...) Need to think beforehand whether that stuff in your brain is a good idea. :lol: Or else kena shoot down like a red baron VS a WWII AA gun.

Edit : well and to answer your problems of younger people, first thing I learned in crash courses when you join a company is whatever you learned in tertiary studies is mostly obsolete in society. Maybe your young guns have not gotten that message yet? :D

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
There are 3 kinds of people.
Those who make things happen,
those who watch things happen, and
those who wonder what happened.
pheona

Postby sincerethoughts » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:56 am

Salah satu peribahasa yang amat terkenal ialah ’seperti katak di bawah tempurung’. Peribahasa ini membawa maksud orang yang tidak mengetahui apa yang berlaku di sekelilingnya. Peribahasa ini amat berguna dan bermakna kerana ia membawa maksud orang seperti ini tidak mengetahui kejadian yang berlaku di sekelilingnya. Maka jadilah seperti seekor katak yang berada di bawah tempurung yang tidak tahu apa yang berlaku di luar tempurung tersebut. Ia seolah-olah terkurung dan tidak dapat rnembezakan keadaan di dalam dan di luar.

Think Positively & Creatively !

The method to bring about a permanent change is to bring about newness in thinking. To bring about a permanent change for the better means getting the mind trained to new ways of looking at the same situation. Only with this new understanding will there be a new response. Trying to bring about change in a superficial way will not bring about a long - lasting change. When we train our mind to think creatively we are able to keep our mind busy. In this way we are able to free it from thinking negative and waste. Also we find ourselves enjoying every scene that comes in front of us.

Follow The Path Of Truth

The one who has recognised the power of truth finds no need to prove it. When someone challenges the truth of what we are saying, our usual reaction is to try to prove our point. It sometimes goes beyond the point where we are trying to clarify but takes on the form of stubbornness. When we are sure of the truth that is within us, we don't have to worry about proving it. Instead we only need to be concerned with being it and living it. Then we'll move forward with the faith that truth will be revealed at the right moment and at the right place.
sincerethoughts

Postby Cookie!! » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:04 am

I still doubt we humans can follow that until we are ripe of age, or of correct upbringing.

Supposedly any person's first reaction would be "do what you preach", and for some people, presenting news, articles and ideas in a negative view is their job. Or something that allows them to obtain money or fame.
Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Cookie!!

Postby Ronaldo7 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:37 am

Lesson: Read newspaper daily

Done
Ronaldo7

Postby nicloi » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:37 pm

do more reading ... my suggestion ... ppl wont say you are katak bawah tempurung ...
nicloi

Postby Ronaldo7 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:22 pm

sincerethoughts...no need copy and paste...makes you sound like a......preacher?
Ronaldo7

Postby ezuan88 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:30 pm

ahaha i think u guys get it wrong about the peribahasa ..hahaha
yeah it is meant for people who doesnt know a thing about what happened ...
but the true meaning about it is .... U REFUSED TO KNOW WHAT IS OUTSIDE THE ' SHELL ' get it ?? just like frog, they can leap hear and there to know whats happening around them but they choose not too because frogs are a bit ignorance kinda animal, lol maybe ....
u asked someone about something or about the latest news or trend , and he/she doesnt know it and u simply spit her face with " u ni mcm katak bawah tempurung " wrong indeed ... wrong ish3 ... maybe he/she wants to know it but couldnt get the info about it or whatever ...
but if there is someone who can easily follow the " stream " but refused to, and rather to sit happily under the " tempurung " then its katak bawah tempurung - ignorance people -- thats what i think ~
hACK thE PLanET !!!
ezuan88

Postby Cookie!! » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:46 am

Frog scared kena flatten by car tire once they leave their tempurung I'm afraid. :lol:
Cookie!!

Postby ezuan88 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:51 am

btw who started the idea saying that Mirians are like katak bawah tempurung or this post is merely for fun and a lil bit of educational loolhahaha
hACK thE PLanET !!!
ezuan88

Postby Cookie!! » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:52 am

More like moral preaching...

Ahhh... nothing like the sound of the preacher preaching to me in my sleep... Hey, wait...??!
Cookie!!

Postby wandyhee » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:37 am

sincerethoughts wrote:Salah satu peribahasa yang amat terkenal ialah ’seperti katak di bawah tempurung’. Peribahasa ini membawa maksud orang yang tidak mengetahui apa yang berlaku di sekelilingnya. Peribahasa ini amat berguna dan bermakna kerana ia membawa maksud orang seperti ini tidak mengetahui kejadian yang berlaku di sekelilingnya. Maka jadilah seperti seekor katak yang berada di bawah tempurung yang tidak tahu apa yang berlaku di luar tempurung tersebut. Ia seolah-olah terkurung dan tidak dapat rnembezakan keadaan di dalam dan di luar.

Think Positively & Creatively !

The method to bring about a permanent change is to bring about newness in thinking. To bring about a permanent change for the better means getting the mind trained to new ways of looking at the same situation. Only with this new understanding will there be a new response. Trying to bring about change in a superficial way will not bring about a long - lasting change. When we train our mind to think creatively we are able to keep our mind busy. In this way we are able to free it from thinking negative and waste. Also we find ourselves enjoying every scene that comes in front of us.

Follow The Path Of Truth

The one who has recognised the power of truth finds no need to prove it. When someone challenges the truth of what we are saying, our usual reaction is to try to prove our point. It sometimes goes beyond the point where we are trying to clarify but takes on the form of stubbornness. When we are sure of the truth that is within us, we don't have to worry about proving it. Instead we only need to be concerned with being it and living it. Then we'll move forward with the faith that truth will be revealed at the right moment and at the right place.

wow, I think this can be a good 'poet', if not, you can always register in wikipedia and put your words there :mrgreen:
Visit http://miriarchery.blogspot.com/ for archery news in Miri

Want to learn AutoCAD? I can teach from Basic (2D), Intermediate (2D-ISO), Advance (3D). Anyone interested please PM me and I can explain more.
wandyhee

Postby lace » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:46 am

kesian mirians kena metaphored jadi katak di bawah tempurung akai inai
Currently Playing:
:Diablo 3
:Dota 2

My Rig
Alienware m15x
Steel Series Sensei Fnatic Edition
Steel Series Siberia V2 White
Razer Goliathus Control Mat
Steel Series QCK Mass Mousing Surface
Steel Series Qck Mini Diablo Version Mousing Surface
Samsung E2223 LCD
Iphone 4 16gb black
Iphone 4s 16gb white
lace

Postby HandsomeGuy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:51 am

Ronaldo7 wrote:sincerethoughts...no need copy and paste...makes you sound like a......preacher?

Haha... a very constructive 'copy & paste" here...
HandsomeGuy

Postby sincerethoughts » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks a million everyone for the feedback,First my apologies for my statement that I made and taken out of context that I labelled readers here or mirians as such,it was never my intention.

The feedback itself is interesting as was I myself being asked that question by our fellow malaysian they were surprised that I am aware of international happening,I have friends from US,Europe,UK,Japan and supposely these educated people are to a certain extend are also like frogs beneath their shell,they too are illiterate to what we know locally but what admires me most is their acceptance to this fact and the spirit to learn without being offended,there are Guatemalians,Chileans,Bolivians who lives no better than us by amongst their educated people the live above their shell and the knowledge that they have are astounding,in this borderless world of attaining knowledge,no one can stop us except ourself but we ourself must have that determination,courage and positive attitude,my apologise if I have offended anyone and as a true malaysian and mirian I am proud that we are never short of knowkedge and where my roots are.Cheers
sincerethoughts

PreviousNext

Return to Miricom Lounge