Advertise here

another extra charge for third party insurance??

The general discussion forum for everyone.

another extra charge for third party insurance??

Postby wandyhee » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:40 pm

well, I visited MAA insurance today to renew my car insurance (third party). so when I get to the lady at the counter, I show her my insurance document from the last year and rm100 as I aware it's cost me around rm72, on last year. So this lady told me; Sir, this year you have to pay for Personnel Accident as well as it's new policy for third party car owner. So I reply; Ok, just let me know how much is the total I have to pay. she wrote it down and the amount are rm212 total... me said WHAT??? those new additional charge cost me rm135! wow!

So she start to explain it will cover the driver and 4 passengers and cover up to rm20k per person, this and that, bla bla bla to me but i'm don't really focus to what she said because I start to feel that I'm f*cked up! So I leave the counter and drive back to my office.. Well, I know I got to pay this anyway or otherwise I don't get my road tax but this insurance policy for me is like along too; they don't get much income from third party car owner and they start to apply new policy so they get more money! :evil: . well, that's what at least I can assume but maybe someone who works for car insurance agent can explain more here. somehow I wish this insurance company building get nuked by those North Korean but like or not I have to pay this extra 'God know what is it for' to renew my road tax. :evil: :evil:

call me what ever you like I don't care because this is really pissed me off. Yes it's about I have to pay extra and also it's about how this insurance company add this and that in their policy and start to ripped us pocket!
Visit http://miriarchery.blogspot.com/ for archery news in Miri

Want to learn AutoCAD? I can teach from Basic (2D), Intermediate (2D-ISO), Advance (3D). Anyone interested please PM me and I can explain more.
wandyhee

Re: another extra charge for third party insurance??

Postby HandsomeGuy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:19 am

The additional Personal Accident coverage bundled together with the 3rd party insurance for car imposed by the insurance company were actually ILLEGAL as it have NOT been approved by Bank Negara. They CAN'T FORCE customer to buy their PA.
If they insist, you can actually complaint it to the Bank Negara.
However, recently, most insurance companies refuse to accept the 3rd party coverage and only few that accept on case-by-case basis.
HandsomeGuy

Postby LeVin20V » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:29 am

wandyhee wrote:well, I visited MAA insurance today to renew my car insurance (third party). so when I get to the lady at the counter, I show her my insurance document from the last year and rm100 as I aware it's cost me around rm72, on last year. So this lady told me; Sir, this year you have to pay for Personnel Accident as well as it's new policy for third party car owner. So I reply; Ok, just let me know how much is the total I have to pay. she wrote it down and the amount are rm212 total... me said WHAT??? those new additional charge cost me rm135! wow!

So she start to explain it will cover the driver and 4 passengers and cover up to rm20k per person, this and that, bla bla bla to me but i'm don't really focus to what she said because I start to feel that I'm f*cked up! So I leave the counter and drive back to my office.. Well, I know I got to pay this anyway or otherwise I don't get my road tax but this insurance policy for me is like along too; they don't get much income from third party car owner and they start to apply new policy so they get more money! :evil: . well, that's what at least I can assume but maybe someone who works for car insurance agent can explain more here. somehow I wish this insurance company building get nuked by those North Korean but like or not I have to pay this extra 'God know what is it for' to renew my road tax. :evil: :evil:

call me what ever you like I don't care because this is really pissed me off. Yes it's about I have to pay extra and also it's about how this insurance company add this and that in their policy and start to ripped us pocket!

this was long time already announce in media already for old car with 3rd party..and myself experience with it..btw how old already ur car?
LeVin20V

Postby LeVin20V » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:32 am

all insurrance start this things already..if im not mistaken just this year they start...something like early this year just now..
LeVin20V

Postby wandyhee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:25 am

thanks for advise, I've already submit my complaint email to bank negara regarding this. try to find consumer association in Miri but nowhere..
wandyhee

Postby jennessee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:46 am

wandyhee wrote:well, I visited MAA insurance today to renew my car insurance (third party). so when I get to the lady at the counter, I show her my insurance document from the last year and rm100 as I aware it's cost me around rm72, on last year. So this lady told me; Sir, this year you have to pay for Personnel Accident as well as it's new policy for third party car owner. So I reply; Ok, just let me know how much is the total I have to pay. she wrote it down and the amount are rm212 total... me said WHAT??? those new additional charge cost me rm135! wow!

as u know not only MAA need to follow the guideline.. as far as i know most of the insurance company r following this.

HandsomeGuy wrote:The additional Personal Accident coverage bundled together with the 3rd party insurance for car imposed by the insurance company were actually ILLEGAL as it have NOT been approved by Bank Negara. They CAN'T FORCE customer to buy their PA.
However, recently, most insurance companies refuse to accept the 3rd party coverage and only few that accept on case-by-case basis.

if its not approved then y is it in force? i agree tat most insurance companies r declining the 3rd party insurance n they only accept some of the renewal case.

** There is organisation called Malaysia Motor Insurance Pool (MMIP) where insurance company can refer the 3rd party insurance and some other declined risk case. One of the criterias for customer to approach this organisation is their application of motor insurance must be rejected by at least 2 insurance company. The insurance company who join the MMIP are Uniasia & Multipurpose.

So i guess this would help abit.. :wink:
jennessee

Postby markenjah » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:47 am

i thought they dont sell third party anymore?correct me if im wrong.
markenjah

Postby jennessee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:51 am

markenjah wrote:i thought they dont sell third party anymore?correct me if im wrong.

3rd party insurance r still available but not all companies accept it.
jennessee

Postby markenjah » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:59 am

i see..i thought they dont offer already..even if have ,they dont recommend to take..
markenjah

Postby HandsomeGuy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:03 pm

jennessee wrote:
HandsomeGuy wrote:The additional Personal Accident coverage bundled together with the 3rd party insurance for car imposed by the insurance company were actually ILLEGAL as it have NOT been approved by Bank Negara. They CAN'T FORCE customer to buy their PA.

if its not approved then y is it in force? i agree tat most insurance companies r declining the 3rd party insurance n they only accept some of the renewal case.

I heard from one of the Branch Manager of an insurance company that it is not yet approved by Bank Negara but those insurance companies still enforced it as BN is not strict in their enforcement. However, public are not well-informed of this an thought that it is a new guideline by all insurance companies.
Yeah, lots of them decline to accept 3rd party but some still accept on discretion.
HandsomeGuy

Postby jennessee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:17 pm

oic.. anyway.. 1st party car also vry cheap liao.. if wat 3rd party insurance might a well get the 1st party.. haha..
jennessee

Postby LeVin20V » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:25 pm

wut eva lah..as long i got rodtax n insurance for my classic car hehe
LeVin20V

Postby coolman_wrx » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:32 pm

last week i saw newspaper say that when u walk in directly without any agent then u will get discount another 10%. anybody know this news ??
"Good life will come to you when you stopping want a better one"
coolman_wrx

Postby HandsomeGuy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:40 pm

coolman_wrx wrote:last week i saw newspaper say that when u walk in directly without any agent then u will get discount another 10%. anybody know this news ??

It is effective on 01.07.2009. The first year is 5% discount, then subsequent year is 10% discount on gross premium. Kasihan those insurance agent, they earn the 10% commission for each submission... what can they earn now.
HandsomeGuy

Postby wandyhee » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:36 pm

got reply from MAA after I send the contain of email I sent to Bank Negara:

Dear Sir,

First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and will ensure such an incident does not recur in the future.

We would like to assure you that we are taking this matter seriously and will look into it immediately. We will revert to you soonest possible on the outcome of this matter.

Once again, please accept our apologies and we look forward to your continued support.

Thashalini K.
Communications Department,
MAA Assurance , H.O
TEL : 03-21468859
Fax : 03-21432124

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 10:42 AM
To: info
Subject: FEEDBACK-xxx

Name: xxx

MAA Policy No:

Company: xxx

Email: xxx

Contact No: xxx

Fax:

Address: xxx

Comments Category: Complaints

Comments:
saya tidak puas hati dengan bayaran tambahan bagi third party car insurance dimana saya dikenakan bayaran tambahan bagi PA sebanyak 164% daripada jumlah yang saya bayar untuk thn lepas! Dengan Ini saya menghantar email aduan kepada bank negara bagi menjelaskan perkara ini. Isi kandungan seperti dibawah:

Tuan/Puan,

Semalam saya mengunjungi MAA insurance cawangan miri untuk memperbaharui insurance kereta saya yang akan tamat pada 29 Jun 2009. Pada thn lepas saya hanya perlu membayar rm82 (total) untuk insuran selama setahun. setiba saya di kaunter, insuran agen menerangkan bahawa ada perubahan bagi insuran kereta third party dimana pemegang insuran perlu juga membayar 'personnel accident' atau pun bahasa singkatnya PA. Saya terkejut melihat jumlah bayaran yang dikenakan untuk PA, RM135! keseluruhan, jika saya memperbaharui insuran saya jumlah keseluruhan adalah rm212! (161% lebih tinggi daripada apa yang saya bayar bagi tahun lepas. Saya kemudiannya meninggalkan kaunter dengan rasa menyumpah! kerana saya tidak tahu dimana hendak membuat aduan, saya harap anda adalah tempat yang betul bagi aduan sebegini

-- Regards,

Miri, Sarawak

Saya juga akan membuat aduan kepada persatuan pengguna, dan 360! bayaran tambahan ini mmg menaikkan darah saya!.

so which one to follow now? protest? or just pay those extra f*cking charge? still waiting for reply from Bank Negara though..
Visit http://miriarchery.blogspot.com/ for archery news in Miri

Want to learn AutoCAD? I can teach from Basic (2D), Intermediate (2D-ISO), Advance (3D). Anyone interested please PM me and I can explain more.
wandyhee

Next

Return to Miricom Lounge