Advertise here

About Perodua Myvi

The discussion forum for automotive reviews, mods, technical, racing, designing, repairs, paint job, etc.
Forum rules
Buy, sell, or offer your services at Classifieds > Vehicle

Re: About Perodua Myvi

Postby BraveHeart » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Yup correct. That ls is Airbag clip which is not fit and they "hantam masuk" during installation according to the SC.
BraveHeart

Postby Christ14 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:28 pm

so does anyone know where to get a bigger pin for the caliper? got the annoying knocking sound liao
Nothing Is Impossible, Impossible Is Nothing
Christ14

Postby antujelu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:43 pm

where u guys service your car aircond? any recommended place/workshop? how much?

TQ
10.01.07 10.07
antujelu

Postby orgasmatron » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi All,

i have a 1st edition Myvi 1.3 which i have use since 2007 and have no major problem with it so far until now.
a couple of months back i use this XLR - engine treatment oil and right after that my car quiets down to it was
when i first bought it...my fuel consumption goes down as well...and the transmission of gears went quite
smoothly too....that was when i just service my car...so few months passed and i go for another service...
change engine oil and filter...right after i pick my car..it starts jerking..not bad at first..but after a month now
and the jerking goes from bad to worse..the RPM goes up and down like nobody's business when driving...was
about to go to kong teck but after reading this thread straighaway i kensel my intention and thus, asking for
help from my fellow myvi-users...could it be the x1r engine oil"? tried experimenting by adding in x1r again and
it got better a bit but a week after that it starts all over again and got even more worse now...sigh..please dont
tell me its my gearbox..die lor like tis...i like my myvi..very loyal companion..

and oh driving full tank and reach 400+ i have done lotsa time...make sure ur RPM never reach 1.5 then confirm
u save fuel..wanna do more hardcore than that then learn to lepas minyak when u see the next stop or corners
or go neutral...and i'm using an auto..reach kuching by filling it up twice..once in miri and once in sibu..spent RM80+
just for fuel..drive 90 la..
orgasmatron

Postby laupan » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Being a six year car it sounds more related to a throttle body issue, if you are not a DIY enthusiast best is you bring the car to the Perodua Service Center (there's two in Miri). Briefly the throttle body sensor, FICV (Fast idle control valve) or IACV (Intake air control valve) may be faulty or just require a good cleaning.

Top down view of a MYVI throttle body

Years of gunk that needs cleaning out

A clean look

Edit: Photos are by the courtesy of the forum site
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/383558-diy-cleaning-your-throttle-body.html
laupan

Postby Christ14 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:48 pm

mirians have any problem with the aircond? it not blow the air out as it used to.. filter is fine.. went to workshop near fratini quoted rm280 because need to take out the dashboard
Christ14

Postby laupan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:29 am

Highly likely that the evaporator or cooling coil that sits behind the dashboard has accumulated a layer of dust/grime over the years thus creating an insulating layer preventing the air from the fan/blower from being cooled down to the actual temperature as the air passes thru the fins of the chilled evaporator.

The RM280 quoted involves removing the evaporator from behind the dashboard and giving it a good wash to remove all foreign matter that has been caught in between the cooling fins, I have seen apart from dust, hair, feathers, scraps of tissue, dried up chit-cak and what-nots, :lol: that's why the car's floor mat needs to be regularly emptied to prevent the circulating air within the car from picking up dust and depositing them on the cooling fins and over time reduce cooling efficiency.

Installing an air filter (which is not standard in the Myvi) at the air intake of the air con blower actually helps to filter out the pieces of foreign matter and helps prolong the cooling efficiency. Cleaning or replacing the air filter regularly is easy and cheaper than having your dashboard dismantled. Also physiologically you will hear creaking noises from inside the dashboard while driving which you will swear that wasn't there before you had the air con serviced :mrgreen:

Car air con in-dash evaporator
laupan

Postby JAIS » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:25 pm

Perodua comes out with Brand New "S" Series MyVi, Alza & Viva
JAIS

Postby Christ14 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:02 pm

wow...i guess 4 years is a really long time and all that stuff really got it in
Christ14

Postby orgasmatron » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Hi laupan

Went to perodua.they say its gearbox problem.
Would take rm5k to fix it coz need to change
2nd hand gearbox wic wud b 3k or 4k+ lidat.
orgasmatron

Postby laupan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:21 pm

Suggest you go to the other Perodua service center in Miri for a 2nd opinion, do not volunteer too much information about what lube oil you've been using etc. just be the unsuspecting Myvi owner whose car is behaving abnormal and hear what the other service center has to say. If the prognosis is the same as the first then you'll need a gearbox change either new or used from the half-cut shop or you could put x1r in the gearbox and sell off the car within 1 week :wink:
laupan

Postby EF-JL » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:41 pm

orgasmatron wrote:Hi laupan

auto tranny or manual tranny?

jerking and unstable RPM? did you changed your spark plug before?

if yes, then have a look on those ignition coil...
"light weight"
EF-JL

Postby antujelu » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:37 pm

i plan to change my absorber with the adjustable & serviceable one...do you guys know what brand is ok for comfort (long distance driving) and where i can get one?

thx.
10.01.07 10.07
antujelu

Postby Christ14 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:07 am

yeah..where can get diff brand of absorbers?
Christ14

Postby hunters » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 am

EF-JL wrote:
orgasmatron wrote:Hi laupan

auto tranny or manual tranny?

jerking and unstable RPM? did you changed your spark plug before?

if yes, then have a look on those ignition coil...

if jerking,need to change the spark plug ??
hunters

Previous

Return to Automotive