Advertise here

Lun Bawang

Discussion forum for taboos, traditions, cultures, sub/pop-cultures, trends, and history.

Re: Lun Bawang

Postby shay34 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:22 pm

LeVin20V wrote:lun bwang girls = very hot!! yeah!

haa...
this i MUST AGREE !!!!
:wink: :wink: :wink:
shay34

Postby g@b@nTr0m3n » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:13 pm

lun bawang long semadoh..nice green highlands..just like a gated community..the best place to be..go to lawas and there's 1 community of lun bawang dat is very well known.lun bawang oso like country music like the kelabits.
Senior Inspector. Watching every thread and statements.
g@b@nTr0m3n

Postby J.Howard » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:07 pm

baby_cheryl wrote:
papalok wrote:Lun bawangs are rather shy people. (my personnel opinion) - true kah?

hi. my colleague is a lun bawang.. shy? maybe for the first time she is shy. after working 2-3month she is no longer shy.. hehe..i think she is more independent girl ..

well, everybody is like tat..
J.Howard

Postby papalok » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:46 am

baby_cheryl wrote:
papalok wrote:Lun bawangs are rather shy people. (my personnel opinion) - true kah?

hi. my colleague is a lun bawang.. shy? maybe for the first time she is shy. after working 2-3month she is no longer shy.. hehe..i think she is more independent girl ..

where you two work? in Perth? waa... must be highly educated one aaa..
papalok

Postby SStormtrooper » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:41 am

g@b@nTr0m3n wrote:lun bawang long semadoh..nice green highlands..just like a gated community..the best place to be..go to lawas and there's 1 community of lun bawang dat is very well known.lun bawang oso like country music like the kelabits.

Have you been to Ba'kelalan? If you like Long semadoh, then you'll like ba'kelalan more. :wink:
51% football, 49% a*#hole - so don't push it mate!
SStormtrooper

Postby gorshan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:00 am

i grew up among them. if there is one kaum i would like to see running sarawak politically, it will be these god fearing lun bawang and kelabit people. i know they will be fair in administration and do not see skin colors or religious beliefs.
gorshan

Postby Athrun_zala_faith » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Last time i had a Lun Bawang girlfriend...her mom is a Lun Bawang and her father is a Chinese.....
really pretty girl.....but she is now with better boyfriend.....
Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty
Athrun_zala_faith

Postby wgn_white » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 pm

Ish... lunbawang...

You guys talk about my race... Hahaha :mrgreen:

Want to marry lunbawang girl? haha... how deep is your love?

Marry a lunbawang good girl meaning you will have to "marry" the whole family...
Get ready to support her whole family until the aunty and uncle... :wink:
Very hard oo...
Got some "purut" again... is emas kahwin... dunno what ur in law ask, you must prepare oo...
But I'm not sure if this tradition still exist... so far y family... YES! STILL exist!

About the first post...
Wow... I never know that... Even for me... I don't want to accept it.
Well, that's from outsider view...

From our perception...
We don't mabuk-mabuk...
We hunt for head yes...
We don't compromise yes...
We are too proud yes...
Bond between the tribe is very strong that from outsider sound like gangster or mafia... hurt one member, the whole village come to you...

But for now?

Lunbawang still too proud of themself... show off lagi... HAhaha... :mrgreen:
Education is VERY IMPORTANT...
Very small ethnic... say my father name... oh... we have family ties... lol... this one sometimes I don't really believe...
Don't kill people anymore...
Very friendly... :mrgreen:
Only minority is intellectually challenged...
wgn_white

Postby Blue_nymph » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:52 pm

[quote="wgn_white"]

Marry a lunbawang good girl meaning you will have to "marry" the whole family...
Get ready to support her whole family until the aunty and uncle... :wink:
Very hard oo...
Got some "purut" again... is emas kahwin... dunno what ur in law ask, you must prepare oo...
But I'm not sure if this tradition still exist... so far y family... YES! STILL exist!

This i agree, i have an uncle who is still paying off his wife dowry of 100 cattle...After 20+ years of marriage... :lol: :lol: :lol:

makes you think whether your wife is really worth it...isn't it...hehe :mrgreen:

Bond between the tribe is very strong that from outsider sound like gangster or mafia... hurt one member, the whole village come to you...

This one i also agree!! My lun bawang friend always talks about his cousins but when i ask him one day, he said he only have a few real cousins... :?: :?:
Goes to show how close they are with one another

Only my opinion in this matter, no offence guys... :P :P

Cheers
Blue_nymph

Postby wgn_white » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:46 pm

@Blue
100 CATTLE? :shock:
The in law must be don't like him much! Kidding... :mrgreen:
Yala, why need to make him in such trouble... unless he really can afford it... Haha :mrgreen:

Now who said love is more important than money now? hehe... :mrgreen:

Ask him more, and he will said... it was his cousin from his mom side which is son of his mom second cousin from in law side and so on... :mrgreen:
and I observe that many of my lunbawang side family married their own cousin... some arranged... some really in love... my mom side is chinese...
I think its another a so called cousin... if close cousin, can they get married anyway? :shock:
wgn_white

Postby LadyBird® » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:35 pm

can use cows in farmville or not?
if fate favours me one day and i am are asked on what i want to be, i wouldn't wish to be someone else because i am wonderful the way i am now. deal with it if you wish to love me more.
LadyBird®

Postby Blue_nymph » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:54 pm

wgn_white wrote:@Blue
100 CATTLE? :shock:
The in law must be don't like him much! Kidding... :mrgreen:
Yala, why need to make him in such trouble... unless he really can afford it... Haha :mrgreen:

It's not that the in-law doesn't like him or not, just that the wife is like royalty(according to my dad's explaination) so have to pay more la :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now who said love is more important than money now? hehe... :mrgreen:

Ask him more, and he will said... it was his cousin from his mom side which is son of his mom second cousin from in law side and so on... :mrgreen:
and I observe that many of my lunbawang side family married their own cousin... some arranged... some really in love... my mom side is chinese...
I think its another a so called cousin... if close cousin, can they get married anyway? :shock:

about the marriage thingy, i heard its ok to marry your third direct cousin (child of either side of parents second cousin) (Info taken from my grandfather) but it's seldom done

But there are cases where ppl who meet away from the kampung and when finally when want to kahwin found out that the spouse is the second cousin... :shock:
That's the reason there are still a lot of arranged marriage done...Partly because of tradition but mainly to prevent intra-marriages

That's why many Orang Ulu (me included) prefer to marry or look for partners outside the race to prevent complications.... :wink: :wink:
Blue_nymph

Postby wgn_white » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Blue, Royalty? :shock:
Don't understand... haha... the wife is liability or assets now? :mrgreen:

Haha... I am okay with arranged marriages... because like peoples in previous post said... lunbawang girl is hawt! :twisted: (Almost all)
I'll ask my dad to look wife for me :twisted:

You orang ulu? What to be exact? lundayeh? :mrgreen: Sabah lunbawang call themseld lundayeh...
wgn_white

Postby wgn_white » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:26 pm

and

lun = orang

lun dayeh = orang ulu

lun bawang = orang kampung
wgn_white

Postby Blue_nymph » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:54 pm

wgn_white wrote:and

lun = orang

lun dayeh = orang ulu

lun bawang = orang kampung

Your quoting the sabah@lunbawang word...recently there was a forum held by FORUM ( Federation of Orang Ulu Malaysia) *Correct me if im wrong * to change Orang Ulu to Lun Daya and the motion was passed *if im nt mistaken*

Lun = Orang
Daya = Upstream *taken from several orang ulu races word* lun bawang for instance(dayeh)(but the meaning is the same)

BTW, royalty as in relative of the ketua kaum (not really sure of the details) :?:

I'm a Kayan by the way...hehe :D

P/s : if ur dad go and look for calon, ask him to find another for me... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blue_nymph

PreviousNext

Return to Cultures