Advertise here

Most militaristic nations in Southeast Asia 2011

Discussion forum for taboos, traditions, cultures, sub/pop-cultures, trends, and history.

Most militaristic nations in Southeast Asia 2011

Postby mevotex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:36 am

Military expenditure is the budget and financial resources dedicated to raising and maintaining armed forces for the country. It also reflects how much the country perceives the likelihood of threats against it, or the amount of aggression it wishes to employ.

Here we look at how much Southeast Asian countries spend on their militaries in 2011, figures is in USD.

11. Timor Leste
Military Spending: $13 million

10. Laos
Military Spending: $14 million

9. Cambodia
Military Spending: $298 million

8. Brunei
Military Spending: $410 million

7. Vietnam
Military Spending: $2,410 million

6. Philippines
Military Spending: $2,439.5 million

5. Myanmar
Military Spending: $2,840 million

4. Malaysia
Military Spending: $3,500 million

3. Indonesia
Military Spending: $4,740 million

2. Thailand
Military Spending: $5,200 million

1. Singapore
Military Spending: $9,829.4 million
mevotex

Re: Most militaristic nations in Southeast Asia 2011

Postby KazEkoV » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Sg... despite being the smallest, they had the biggest budget for their military
KazEkoV

Postby Lt Dan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:32 pm

KazEkoV wrote:Sg... despite being the smallest, they had the biggest budget for their military

i wonder if anyooe has ever seen a sg army man?

looks like so skinny and weak.......they are doomed to fail

1 bomb and it's all over, sg is so smalllllll :D
@ Miri Disney land watching the RAT SHUFFLE and drinking Starbocks coffee peng
Lt Dan

Postby BlackHyppo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Lt Dan wrote:
KazEkoV wrote:Sg... despite being the smallest, they had the biggest budget for their military

See one before with m16 jaga kilang.. sg army only protect the city and combat at city. if go masuk hutan sure sesat.. :lol:
'Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor...'
The FATGOAT Talk (to me, obviously) The Crap I've Done..
BlackHyppo

Postby Lt Dan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:41 pm

BlackHyppo wrote:
Lt Dan wrote:

See one before with m16 jaga kilang.. sg army only protect the city and combat at city. if go masuk hutan sure sesat.. :lol:

the city is so small.....

a few carpet bombs from Stealth B-2 bombers and all finished..

got gun no use lah
Lt Dan

Postby Lt Dan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:45 pm

:shock:
Lt Dan

Postby mevotex » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:03 pm

I must agree, after seeing SG soldiers, that in close hand-to-hand combat, the Indons, Thais, Vietnamese could pretty much outmatch them.

But remember SG utilized intensive tech, technologies is what they focused on. Someone above suggested carpet-bomb them, how? They got the most advanced airforce and anti-aircraft defense system in the region, enter their airspace without authorization and there is high chance the computer might send AA missile against you.

Their airforce has 422 fighter jets & combat aircraft, compared with Malaysia's 226, Thailand's 315. Only Vietnam and Indonesia have more at 2075 and 510 aircrafts respectively but most are pretty old and outdated. There is US warships permanently stationed in Singapore, how if accidentally bombed it? :mrgreen:
mevotex

Postby BlackHyppo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:11 pm

mevotex wrote:I must agree, after seeing SG soldiers, that in close hand-to-hand combat, the Indons, Thais, Vietnamese could pretty much outmatch them.

But remember SG utilized intensive tech, technologies is what they focused on. Someone above suggested carpet-bomb them, how? They got the most advanced airforce and anti-aircraft defense system in the region, enter their airspace without authorization and there is high chance the computer might send AA missile against you.

Their airforce has 422 fighter jets & combat aircraft, compared with Malaysia's 226, Thailand's 315. Only Vietnam and Indonesia have more at 2075 and 510 aircrafts respectively but most are pretty old and outdated. There is US warships permanently stationed in Singapore, how if accidentally bombed it? :mrgreen:

if they bomb, we bomb back'lah accidentally too.. :lol:
'Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor...'
BlackHyppo

Postby Eugene91 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Don't underestimate SG's military tech especially hehe..
Knowing what's right and wrong doesn't make a difference, what makes a difference is doing the right thing.
Eugene91

Postby Somalian » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:49 pm

Eugene91 wrote:Don't underestimate SG's military tech especially hehe..

Go n study ur STPM or A level or whatsoever la instead of online, Future cop ... :mrgreen:
Somalian

Postby k-ray » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:27 pm

as far as i know, as the loyalest ally among SEA countries, USA will by any means protect singapore from any threat.... that is why we always hear indon army likes to kacau malaysia's border, but never once mistakenly cross singapore's
There are times even God would not offer help. Who will you trust the most?
k-ray

Postby mevotex » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:18 am

k-ray wrote:as far as i know, as the loyalest ally among SEA countries, USA will by any means protect singapore from any threat.... that is why we always hear indon army likes to kacau malaysia's border, but never once mistakenly cross singapore's

singapore invested $5 billion into indonesia last year on 189 development projects and announced that this year it would increase its investment by another 50%

singaporean companies plan to expand their activities and production base in indonesia by injecting $30 billion into that country this year.

those totaled up into 5% of indonesian GDP and created bunch of employment for indonesians, you don't simply kacau kacau something that will impact your economy.
mevotex

Postby BlackHyppo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:43 am

k-ray wrote:as far as i know, as the loyalest ally among SEA countries, USA will by any means protect singapore from any threat.... that is why we always hear indon army likes to kacau malaysia's border, but never once mistakenly cross singapore's

indon kacau malaysia coz malaysia 'ada fight', singapore no fight that why useless to kacau lah bro. put (1) stink bomb all become stinky :lol:
BlackHyppo

Return to Cultures