Advertise here

Long Loyang pics from 1956

Discussion forum for taboos, traditions, cultures, sub/pop-cultures, trends, and history.

Long Loyang pics from 1956

Postby Christine » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi again Miri Community, especially those Kenyah community members,
here are some old photographs from the Sarawak Museum, said to be
from Long Loyang. Is there anyone from Long Loyang here, who is
familiar with the person / location in the picture? I'd like to find out
more about it.
The purpose of the question is that the pictures are supposed to go into
an exhibition on Kenyah / Kayan photos but for this we need more
context / information and description on what or who is in the
photographs. Anyone interested in contributing, please post here,
or contact me via pm!! Anyone who knows somebody else I could ask
about this, would be much appreciated, too!
Thanks!!!
By the way check out the haircut pictures, great stuff... very interesting
to see these old photos of how things were used to be done....
Attachments
JD01a-03_12_1956.jpg
JD01b-03_12_1956.jpg
JD02a-03_12_1956.jpg
JD02b-03_12_1956.jpg
JD17-30_11_1956.jpg
JD18-30_11_1956.jpg
JD19-30_11_1956.jpg
Christine

Re: Long Loyang pics from 1956

Postby Miri-Sarawak » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 pm

The good old old days before i was born. I sometimes and always wonder how they get through day-by-day without some modern stuff we have today.
Miri-Sarawak

Postby manteros » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Can you please post this picture in sk long loyang fb coz many loyang people have link to sk long loyang fb. You might found who's grandpa n who's father in that picture.
manteros

Postby MARINE SURVEYOR » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:57 am

nice pic man...historical moment.........
"THERE IS NOTHING LEFT TO LOOSE"
MARINE SURVEYOR

Postby wang0507 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Oh.my god I can't believe that , it is too far from morden sociaty.
wang0507

Postby seedicky1952 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:25 pm

The four photos from top were taken at Fort Hose Marudi. I was born in Marudi .I used to hang out at the Kubu can recall very rooms there when the fort was used a the court ,forest,post office ,police and lock-up ground floor and DO office up stair. I was the black boy in town and almost free to roam all the offices there,curious to know everything . The interesting part was they,the officers/clerks/police will tell me. I am over sixty one now and still can recall their faces and names even today. Sign of the end is near.the picture were taken after 1965.The Fencing gates was not there before that years. Of course that building was the old fort and not the present. The ulu peoples during that time did not used that cowboy shaving knife but used the long handle pisau kayan.. yes there are very sharp. The picture were more likey taken by Mr. Teng of Teng Studio Marudi. I under stand that all photos collection that he kept were burnt to ashes and so were mine .
seedicky1952

Postby J-N-A-A » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:38 pm

seedicky1952 wrote:The four photos from top were taken at Fort Hose Marudi. I was born in Marudi .I used to hang out at the Kubu can recall very rooms there when the fort was used a the court ,forest,post office ,police and lock-up ground floor and DO office up stair. I was the black boy in town and almost free to roam all the offices there,curious to know everything . The interesting part was they,the officers/clerks/police will tell me. I am over sixty one now and still can recall their faces and names even today. Sign of the end is near.the picture were taken after 1965.The Fencing gates was not there before that years. Of course that building was the old fort and not the present. The ulu peoples during that time did not used that cowboy shaving knife but used the long handle pisau kayan.. yes there are very sharp. The picture were more likey taken by Mr. Teng of Teng Studio Marudi. I under stand that all photos collection that he kept were burnt to ashes and so were mine .

thank you, always like to hear old stories..
J-N-A-A

Return to Cultures